Tuesday 2 September 2008

other uses for seam unpickers

I now have three seam unpickers : my own relatively modern lilac-coloured one and two others I’ve just found in a bag tucked away with three thimbles – does anyone still use them ? three different sized sewing machine screwdrivers; a wonderful ‘poik-poik’ sewing machine oil canister. Mummy’s seam unpicker still with its top and what I believe was granny’s one that had disintegrated at some point in time and daddy fixed into a piece of wood to make a new handle.

For some reason today, I couldn’t find mine but luckily I remembered the bag and where I’d put it as I needed to do emergency surgery on L B’s eye.

I wonder what else they’ve been used for ?

1 comment:

Lucy Corrander said...

I use my seam-unpicker regularly.

Can't imagine what I'd do without it - though I do know what tears in the material look like if I try to use scissors instead.

Lucy
PICTURES JUST PICTURES

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...